Division Development and Operations
Lovestyle Africa Development Initiative recently deployed various platforms aimed at engaging and empowering citizens. This is in line with her objective to enhance citizens capacity to function effectively in society.
We are seeking innovative and self- motivated web developers to join our DevOps division and assist us in developing and optimizing our custom web applications. Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic and the integration of front-end elements.
- Develop efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules/plugins
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Minor and major application feature development
- Troubleshoot application bugs and determine resolutions
- Optimize and refactor existing code to improve performance and reliability
- Suggest improvements, security needs and best practices
- Ensure smooth operations of web processes and infrastructure
- Assist with software documentation for new and existing applications
Requirements and Skills
- Working knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding of MVC design pattern for application development
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks especially CodeIgniter
- Extensive knowledge and experience in WordPress CMS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments (e.g Google and Facebook APIs)
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good team player that is enthusiastic about delivering results
- Access to collaboration and video conferencing tools e.g Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Computer with internet access.